Monday, April 25, 2005

A spot of clarification

www.betika.co.uk
On re-reading last night's post, it occured to me that it could be interpreted as implying that Sunday night's audience was great and Friday's wasn't. This was certainly not the case- we were warmly recieved on both occasions, and in a way that made me feel all the worse for my screw-ups and the way things went on Friday. I finished the set with the feeling that we might
have just squandered a lot of goodwill by not putting in a performance as good as we're capable of, and I felt that it was largely down to me. Hence the angst and hand-wringing.
For a punter's point of view of the night, have a look at this. There's also some photos (the first on the web of the current line-up, I believe) including one of me and Carolyn where I look like a corpse. I am actually doing that deliberately, it's become a reflex reaction for me to imitate the dead as soon as anyone points a camera anywhere near me, especially when under the influence of booze. Don't know why. Many thanks for the pix and write-up Steve!